Monday, February 1, 2010

Hallelujah

Are there songs out there that are like magic to you? "Ave Maria" and Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" are two of my all time favorites. They have been just a few of the songs playing in the background tonight. This has been a night of deep and profound reflection. I'm writing a paper for grad school, and it's turned out to be this amazing gift. My paper tells the story of my journey into Darkness. It details the why, the how, the when, and all the things everyone else saw but me. And the ending...I'm getting to that part where I come out of the Darkness and find that I'm this strong, resilient woman who didn't break after all.

Here are some of the lyrics from Jeff Buckley's masterpiece:

baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
but love is not a victory march
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

well maybe there's a God above
but all I've ever learned from love
was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
it's not a cry that you hear at night
it's not somebody who's seen the light
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment