Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Year




As 2010 drew nearer, I began to think about my wishes for the new year. What could I do to make myself a better friend, teacher, sister, daughter, aunt, and person? Because ultimately, all I want is to become a better version of myself. This is not easy, because the past few years I've been somewhat of a trainwreck....the dark cloud over my head, class half empty type of gal. I've survived extreme cases of heartache, loss, anger, denial, and numbness. I lost a great love of my life, my beloved Papa, and a loving uncle. I also lost my mobility (and sanity) in a painful surgery and endless recovery. However, I gained an adorable nephew and very busy puppy. In 2010, I vow to be more optimistic, to not sweat the small stuff, and to be happier! Happy New Year everyone...may it bring you joy and happiness!!!




Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2010:

rehabilitating my ankle so it's better than ever
finding the courage to date again
cruising with my mom over Spring Break
finally getting to Houston to see Mike & Catherine's house
meeting baby Ella in April (my best friend's first baby)
getting to NYC to see my sister & babies
completing my 7th year teaching...perhaps my most difficult yet
completing my Master's degree
Garrett Gilbert leading the Horns to a winning season












No comments:

Post a Comment